How To Get The Best Out Of Your Firewood
Wood Moisture Meter Hints & Tips
The Wood Moisture Meter is essential to check that your wood is dry. This would ensure a clean burn which will prevent soot buildup on glass and avoid nasty chimney fires.
Our Wood Moisture Meter is an essential piece of equipment to check the moisture content of your firewood.
It's very simple to use:
- Turn it on
- Insert the Wood Moisture Meter prons into the firewood
- The easy to read digital display will clearly show you the percentage of moisture in the wood which should contain less than 20% to make a good fire.
- If all is OK load the firewood in your bucket and you're ready to prepare your fire
- Freshly felled timber has a moisture content of in between 30 to 60% depending on the type of wood.
- Split and store the wood under cover from the rain and then open to wind and sun for one year, or preferably two.
Our Wood Moisture Meter can also be used on timber, floors and buildings to detect a moisture content.
*Please always put the prons protection and place the device in a dry and secure place. Always turn the device off after using it.